Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Week 26 Bible Reading Review

Week 26  Psalm 35:1 to Psalm 79:1

Reading through some psalms is like a roller coaster ride with sometimes seemingly contradictory statements, even within the same psalm.  (God saves me / God rejects me (44))

Some of the psalms sound vindictive.  Easy to say, not being in the same position but just contrasting it with the NT teachings to turn the other check and loving your enemies. (35)

Many psalms and portions of psalms provide lyrics for modern day songs.  How many do you notice as you read through?

Psalm 44:6  “For I do not trust in my bow, and my sword does not bring me victory.”  How much do we rely on our possessions, money, tools, self…  It is so easy to place our trust in the wrong thing, but it is God who is the true source of victory.

Psalm 73 is a good reminder that things are not always as they appear from our perspective.  We need His perspective and understanding to make a righteous decision.



Next Reading:  Week 27  Psalm 79:1 to Psalm 120:1


No comments:

Post a Comment