Saturday, March 12, 2016

Ministries of Interest: Passion for Truth

On my Revelation Journey there are a few significant people and ministries I have come across that have had an impact on my life.  I am planning to write a series of posts about these different ministries I have encountered.

The ministry I am talking about in this post is Passion for Truth (PFT) and the man behind it, Jim Staley.

PFT started out as a small Bible study group in 2007 and has grown in to a full congregation with a large online following.  There teachings have elements of Messianic, Hebraic, and Pentecostal and include in-depth study into the Greek and Hebrew text of the Bible.  Their goal is to worship the Father in Spirit and Truth.  You can find out more about PFT at their website found here:  http://passionfortruth.com/

They have lots of free teaching available on their website as well as on their YouTube channel found here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/PassionForTruthVideo

I have watched several of their online Shabbat messages as well as purchased some of their teachings.  I like Jim's teaching style and enthusiasm.  Some of you may already know that Jim Staley, the main presenter, was imprisoned last year in 2015.  Jim was sentenced to 7 years for financial wire fraud to clients when he worked as a financial advisor before he became the PFT Pastor full time.  I can image that this was a big blow to the group and caused many to malign Jim and PFT as well as causing a significant drop in donations among other things.

I didn't unsubscribe from their emails and have been following this "soap opera" of sorts to see what was unfolding.  PFT has continued to function and stream their weekly messages online as two other speakers have stepped up to fill the gap when Jim no longer could.  After a few months PFT sent out an email announcing that Jim was starting a new blog while in prison that people could sign up for.  I decided to sign up and I am glad I did.  Jim continues to teach through his blog and discuss what God has been teaching him through all of this.  Despite being imprisoned for doing something that he didn't realize he had done, (Jim stated in one of his posts that he did not intentionally defraud anyone) Jim learned that it was the best thing for him and PFT.  God wanted to teach Jim some important lessons he needed to know, which Jim has been sharing with the rest of us through his blog.  One of Jim's inmates has been gifted with visions from God which is also an interesting subject of many of his blogs.  Jim's focus has been primarily on the word of Truth and it was time to learn more of the Spirit side of the true Spirit and Truth worshiper.  If you would like to follow along with what God is teaching Jim on his revelation journey too I encourage you to sign up for his blog emails.  You might want to start from the beginning to get the full picture.  I look forward to reading his new posts as I find it helpful to learn more about the Spirit side of the "coin".

http://jimstaleyblog.com/

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment